Article - You Know You Are In The Wrong Church When ... (part 1)
…Your church subtracts from Jesus’ Word (Revelation 22:18-19), examples:
- THE NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT EMPHASIZED as the final authority in religious matters (instead, the real authority is how the Holy Spirit moves, what someone thinks, what the creed or catechism says, what the pope concludes or what the New World Translation, Watchtower or Book of Mormon teaches): Matthew 28:18; John 12:48; Colossians 3:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Peter 4:11; 2 Peter 1:3; 1 John 4:1
- THE LORD’S SUPPER (“breaking bread”) IS NOT SERVED EVERY FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK (although preaching, praying, giving, singing is practiced every Sunday): Acts 2:42(Pentecost, also known as Feast of Harvest/Weeks, always occurred on Sunday, Leviticus 23:15-16); Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:17-30; 16:1-2
- SOULS WILLING TO BELIEVE IN AND CONFESS JESUS AS LORD ARE NOT BURIED IN THE WATERY GRAVE OF BAPTISM (instead, water is used to sprinkle or pour on a baby, child or adult): Romans 6:4; Colossians 2:12
- BAPTISM IS NOT EMPHASIZED AND PRACTICED AS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF GOD’S PLAN TO WASH AWAY THE SINS OF THE NONCHRISTIAN THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS: Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-8; Colossians 2:11-12; 1 Peter 3:20-21 (John 3:5; Titus 3:5)
- THE CHURCH WHERE YOU WORSHIP DOES NOT HAVE OR STRIVE TO APPOINT ELDERS TO OVERSEE THE MEMBERS (instead, a pastor and board of deacons or hierarchy such as pope, priest, church convention or council runs your church): Acts 14:23; 20:17, 28; Philippians 1:1; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9.
This material is copyrighted by The Gospel of Christ and its authors. This information is free to use in its entirety without further consent, however, modifications should not be made without contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for permission. Any and all images contained herein are believed to be free for all distribution and content.