What Are The Duties Of The Elders Toward Its Members?
1. Take heed to themselves (Acts 20:28).
2. Watch for grievous wolves [i.e. false teachers] (Acts 20:29-30).
3. Stop the mouth of vain talkers (Titus 1:11).
4. Take heed to the flock (Acts 20:32).
5. Feed the flock (Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:1,2).
6. Be guided by the word of God (Acts 20:32; Titus 1:9).
7. Oversee/shepherd the local congregation (1 Peter 5:2)
8. Be examples to the flock of God (1 Peter 5:3).
9. Rule well (1 Timothy 5:17).
10. Make decisions in the local congregation concerning matters of judgment (Acts 15:6) and enforce matters of faith (Titus 1:9-15).
11. Admonish the church (1 Thessalonians 5:12).
12. Support the weak (Acts 20:35).
13. Pray for the sick and administer to their needs (James 5:14,15).
14. Watch for the souls of the church (Hebrews 13:17).
This material is copyrighted by The Gospel of Christ and its authors. This information is free to use in its entirety without further consent, however, modifications should not be made without contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for permission. Any and all images contained herein are believed to be free for all distribution and content.