Article - Who is Jesus Christ?
We live in a world that really does not know the Jesus of the Bible. Some have even made up a phantom Jesus who does not come close to the Christ. What then is Christ really like? The seven “I am” statements of the gospel of John give us a very graphic picture of Jesus Christ.
- I am the bread of life (John 6:35,38). Jesus is our sole sustenance to grow spiritually (Matthew 5:6).
- I am the light of the world (John 8:12, 9:5). When darkness and sin seems to pervade on every hand, it is wonderful to know that Jesus is the light of the world.
- I am the door (John 10:7, 9). This should forever teach us that no one can get to God without going through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
- I am the good shepherd (John 10:11, 14). As a shepherd, Jesus is even able to lead us through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalm 23).
- I am the resurrection and the life (John 11:25). Without Jesus Christ in our lives we will never have the best life now and in eternity (John 10:10).
- I am the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6). Someone has rightly stated that Jesus is the way without Him there is no going, Jesus is the truth without Him there is no knowing, and Jesus is the life without Him there is no living.
- I am the vine (John 15:1). Unless we are “in Christ” we will not be a part of God’s offspring (Galatians 3:27,Eph. 1:4).
May God help each of us to strive to be more like Jesus each day and to really understand the Jesus of the Bible.
This material is copyrighted by The Gospel of Christ and its authors. This information is free to use in its entirety without further consent, however, modifications should not be made without contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for permission. Any and all images contained herein are believed to be free for all distribution and content.