Is The Predestination of Calvinism True?
Does the Bible teach that where you end up in eternity has been predetermined randomly and that there is nothing we can personally do about it? Absolutely not! Such false teaching contradicts the following true propositions:
- God does not want anyone to perish (therefore, if salvation does not involve our choice, every human would be going to heaven, 1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9).
- God does not show partiality but is just and fair (therefore, He does not arbitrarily choose who goes to heaven and who goes to hell - Acts 10:34-35).
- Jesus died for everyone (not just for a few that God randomly chose; otherwise, what purpose would it have served for Jesus to become a human and die for humans whom His Father had already chosen to go to heaven?, 1 Timothy 2:6; Hebrews 2:9).
- God designed us as creatures of choice (including the choice to work out our own salvation or not, Genesis 2:15-17; Joshua 24:15; Isaiah 7:16; Luke 10:38-42; Acts 6:2-5; 13:45-46; Philippians 2:14).
- The gospel is to be preached to every human (not just to a select few whom God has already predestined, Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16).
- The gospel invitation is offered to all (not just to God's elect, Revelation 22:17).
- A child of God can choose to fall from God's grace and be lost for eternity (John 6:67-71; 17:12; Acts 1:25; Galatians 5:4; 2 Peter 2:20-22)
- God predetermined His plan of salvation and the type of persons (chosen qualities) He would save - not random individuals (Acts 4:27-28; 1 Corinthians 2:7-8; Ephesians 1:11-13). If your church (Presbyterian, etc.) teaches Calvinistic predestination, then leave your church on the basis of false teaching just as Calvin left his church (Catholic) and become part of the one church Jesus built (Matthew 16:18; Acts 2:47; Romans 16:16).
This material is copyrighted by The Gospel of Christ and its authors. This information is free to use in its entirety without further consent, however, modifications should not be made without contacting email@example.com for permission. Any and all images contained herein are believed to be free for all distribution and content.